Thursday 4 March 2010

Life Drawing

Heres a few drawings showing different techniques, materials, timing, and of course poses.


These drawings (above) are 30 second poses. The idea with 30 second poses is the catch the essence of the pose. Get the action lines down and thats what matters, as long as you can see where the arms and leg are positioned, the direction of the torso, shoulders and hips, things like proportion and tone are not important.


These drawings were done using the circling method. The circling method is a technique used to daw the pose using just rounded shapes, no straight lines. For me this is one of the more used and accurate techniques. Using circles helps me keep proportion, add perspective and show weight more effectively.


This above drawing was one of my attempts to try and portray a bit of perspective and angle. I used a pose from my imagination and twisted the torso slightly to show movement within the action. A lot of things are technically wrong with this drawing, the proportions are out, the perspective didn't turn out like I intended, but it has a certain charm, I really like this one.


These drawings (above) are all about the action lines. Action lines are very useful for quickly capturing the pose and have help me develop my drawings massively. I laid down the action lines firstly and then build the pose around them. Using broken lines help give the drawing a rushed and unfinished feel which is not always a good thing but I really like this style. It gives it a feel of someone whose just noticed a passer by in the perfect pose and had a quick 7 seconds to capture it.



No comments:

Post a Comment